Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Revenge of the Sith

Well, folks, Episode III begins tonight at midnight.

I will not be there; I am a working man now, and midnight showings, for me, are not things of the past. I will, however, be viewing the movie tomorrow at 7:45 P.M.

In honor of the release of Episode III, I've got a few links to send your way:

George Lucas goes moonbat. Marin County moontbat (Desmodus rotundus luna marinus), to be exact.

Arthur Chrenkoff, who knows more about living under a totalitarian regime than Lucas ever will, responds.

Darth Vader has a blog. Go read it, for it is good.

Jonathan Last, back in 2002, gives the Case for the Empire.

Purchased the Soundtrack a few days ago. It's pretty good. The new 'theme' on this one, entitled "Battle of the Heroes", is excellent; even if it feels like it could be about 60 seconds longer (it's easily among the shortest of the concert themes that Williams has come up with), it has a few moments that are just perfect for what it represents: the ulimate battle of Archetypes.

The real annoyance, though, is the End Credits suite. You have the statement of the Stars Wars theme, a brief segue, and then a restatement of "Battle of the Heroes". All's well and good, and then... it segues into... the Medal Ceremony music from the original?

WHAT does that have to do with what goes on in the film? I mean, use the Emperor's Theme, or the Imperial March, or something that makes an ounce of sense contextually!

Yeah. That piece just felt wrong.

I just hope that Lucas got better at writting dialogue. I cringed in pain and horror during the "romance" scenes. I mean, who talks like that?! The incoherence...

But then again, Anakin is married to Natalie Portman while I'm still single, so what do I know?

I still say that Padme should have slapped him after the whole sand bit. I know I wanted to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home